1/4/10

Storm Front by Jim Butcher

TITLE: STORM FRONT
AUTHOR: JIM BUTCHER
GENRE: URBAN FANTASY
RATING: 4 STARS


This is the first book in The Dresden Files series. The protagonist, Harry Dresden, is a wizard. Yes, he even advertises in the yellow pages, under Wizard! I love books with a supernatural element, and that genre consists of the majority of the books I read. I loved the fact that this book had a different take on the supernatural world. I enjoyed seeing things from the perspective of a Wizard. That's not typical. I also listen to numerous audio books, and every time that I read discussions about great audio books, this series is brought up. For some reason, I kept putting off listening to it. I'm glad that I finally did!

I really enjoyed this story. Harry Dresden was a great character to get to know. I loved his dry, self deprecating personality. But honestly, I'm not sure if I would have enjoyed this book anywhere near as much if I had read it instead of listening to it. James Marsters did a fantastic job of bringing Dresden to life. He was the perfect guy for the job! Sometimes, the way that he said something, or would pause, or sigh, I could just picture Dresden right there. I could see the look on his face, or the roll of his eyes.

I can't wait to move on to the next book in the series. From what I've heard, this series just keeps getting better!

No comments:

Post a Comment