1/9/10

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

TITLE: CATCHING FIRE (HUNGER GAMES #2)
AUTHOR: SUZANNE COLLINS
GENRE: YOUNG ADULT FICTION
RATING: 5 STARS

"Catching Fire" is the second book in the Hunger Games Series.  If you haven't read the first book yet, check out my review of it: The Hunger Games Review.  I don't know what it is about this series, but I seem to always have a hard time really saying what I think about it!  Let me try to talk about this book, but I'm really not sure if I can put my thoughts into words, so I'm sure this review will be lacking! Also, fyi, I don't like to give spoilers, so this'll be vague!

This book more than lived up to my expectations! I had read a number of other people's reviews and some felt like the first 173 pages dragged on. I didn't feel that way at all! No, there wasn't a ton of action at the start, but there was a great psychological side to it.

Then came page 173. I stared at that page, rereading the same sentence probably 50 times, because it couldn't really say what I thought it said! From that point on, no distractions were allowed! I had to just keep reading. Then came the ending. And I knew without a doubt ahead of time that I was going to hate the end, because it meant that I have to wait an entire year to find out what will happen next. And I was right! In fact, it was worse than I though it'd be. I had been anxious for 6 months for this book to be released. I thought that wait was unbearable. This one will be worse!

I am a major reader, and I have a ton of favorite books, series, and authors. But there is just something about this series that pulls me in unlike any other. I don't know if it's the characters or what. But these 2 books are pretty much at the top of my all time favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment