1/17/10

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

TITLE: VAMPIRE ACADEMY
AUTHOR: RICHELLE MEAD
GENRE: YOUNG ADULT FANTASY
RATING: 5 STARS

What a great start to a young adult series! I recommend it to anyone that likes some fantasy, action, and a great kick-ass main character.

This isn't your traditional vampire book. The vampires (called Moroi) are protected by a race called Dhampir. They are half human/half vampire. They don't drink blood, and don't have any problem with the sun. But they also have some of the strength of a vampire. It is a guardian dhampir's job to protect the moroi from the Strigoi (an evil race of creatures).

The series follows the lives of a Moroi, Lissa and her best friend, dhampir and future guardian Rose. They have a special bond were Rose can actually feel what Lissa is feeling or thinking. I loved watching they way that these two interacted with each other as well as with the other characters throughout the novel. I'm not really going to say much about the story line, because I could never do it justice. Just read the book!!!

I will say though that I love Rose. She's daring, tough, and doesn't let anyone step all over her! I loved her attitude and strength. I also enjoyed watching her learn to balance that attitude with responsibility for the those that she needs to protect. It's a great coming of age story as we watch Rose grow and learn.

Read it! You'll love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment