3/27/10

Dark Lover by J.R.Ward

TITLE: DARK LOVER
AUTHOR: J. R. WARD
GENRE: PARANORMAL ROMANCE
RATING: 4 STARS

What a great read! This is the first book in the very wildly popular Black Dagger Brotherhood series. I had friends telling me time and time again that I needed to try out this series, and yet for some reason I just kept putting it off. But once I finally got started, I couldn't put it down!

The main character, Wrath, is a warrior, a vampire, and a protector of his race. He's one of the most powerful, and a rare pure blood. Also, he is completely antagonistic towards humans. When his friend, and fellow warrior, Darius asks him to help out his half-human daughters, Wrath's first reaction is to refuse. But shortly later when Darius is killed by their enemies, Wrath feels like he owes it to his friend to help Mary.

Mary has grown up knowing nothing about the vampire world. She never knew her father and certainly didn't know that her entire world was about to change.

I really loved the world that Ward created. It was a very interesting vampire society that she set up. The enemies, the Lessers, felt a bit far fetched to me. But I quickly got sucked into the story and forgot about that fact. Some of the romance was a bit unbelievable, especially at the first. But overall a great start to a series. Also, Ward showed up some glimpses of a number of intriguing characters that I look forward to getting to know! This series has action, suspense, romance, and humor. All of my favorite things in a book!

1 comment:

  1. Actually, Mary is Rhage's shellan in Lover Eternal book 2 of the BDB series... not Wraths. Beth is in Dark Lover.
    Tracy bought me these books for our anniversary and I'm totally addicted to them. I'm actually buying books 7 and 8 tomorrow to catch up on the series!! YAY!

    ReplyDelete