2/7/10

Guilty Pleasure by Laurell K. Hamilton

TITLE: GUILTY PLEASURES
AUTHOR: LAURELL K. HAMILTON
GENRE: URBAN FANTASY
RATING: 3 STARS

Guilty Pleasures is the first book in the Anita Blake - Vampire Hunter series. The protagonist, Anita, is a necromancer with a real hatred for vampires. But when the local vampires decided that they want her to investigate some vampire murders, she learns that they will go to any lengths to get her to do what they want.

I've never read any books by Laurell K. Hamilton, although I've been meaning to for quite a while. When you read a lot of books in this genre, you hear her name a lot! So I finally am trying her out!

This book does seem to be a good set-up for a great series. But on it's own, it was just alright. It did create a fantastic world that I am looking forward to reading about more in the future. Those of my friends that are huge fans of this series have mentioned one of the characters, Jean-Claude, many times to me. I liked what I saw of him, but there really wasn't anywhere near enough of him for me to get a good feel for him. Hopefully his character will be explored more in the next few books.

Overall - A really good read. Not a favorite, but I have a feeling that the series will just get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment