2/7/10

Wondrous Strange by Lesley Livingston

TITLE: WONDROUS STRANGE
AUTHOR: LESLEY LIVINGSTON
GENRE: YOUNG ADULT FANTASY
RATING: 3 STARS

I just finished reading Wondrous Strange. It was pretty good. I'd probably give it 3 - 3 1/2 stars. I had to read this book when I saw that the main character's name was Kelley, and she even spelled it the same as me! I know that may seem funny to some, but when you have a rather common name like Kelley, but never see it spelled the same way that you do, it's fun when you can find it!

The main character in this story is an actress in New York City. One day while walking through Central Park, she runs into guy who later seems to keep popping up wherever she is at. What she doesn't know is that he is a guard for the world of the fairies and he's about to pull her right into that world.

Anyways, it was a interesting start to a series. I thought that there did need to be some more character development, especially on some of the minor characters. I never really felt like I got to know anyone very well! Also, I thought that Kelley handled the whole thing way too well. If you weren't ever someone that believed in anything beyond the normal, would you really accept the presence of fairies quite so quickly? Just seemed a bit far fetched. Also, there was some romance, but I never really felt the passion that was supposedly there. I enjoyed it enough that I'll probably pick up the next book though.

One thing that was really fun was I listened to the audiobook, and the reader was the author! So I was hearing things exactly how she wrote them! That was fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment